Open Position at CWIT: Outreach/Marketing Associate
Position reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
We are searching for an experienced community outreach coordinator with diverse marketing skills to assist with coordinating CWIT's marketing and communication strategies. You will represent the organization and work with the marketing and communication director to develop and implement initiatives that increase the organization's visibility throughout the industry. The candidate needs to have strong social media expertise, along with, excellent communications and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven individual to take on this interesting and innovative role.
Outreach and Engagement
- Revise and update the outreach and engagement plan for identified and eligible communities to assist with meeting workforce diversity goals
- Schedule in-person and virtual events with community organizations, CPS school counselors, industry partners, supporters, faith leaders, etc.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, information sessions and presentations
- Coordinate logistics and planning for events, conferences and outreach
- Prepare the annual budget for outreach activities
- Proactively network with new community contacts with the intention of building ongoing, long-term collaborative partners
- Assist in the development and distribution of recruitment correspondence, brochures, and updating the WCBI website section to support participants in the various partner programs
- Identify opportunities to influence community and industry perception through community engagement and publicly speaking about the organization's commitment to diversifying the industry's workforce
- Ability to work with institutional databases and public access sites
- Assist the marketing director with building and managing media relations
- Prepare monthly reports on social media marketing efforts
- Assist with creating consistent meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts
- Develop community and industry engagement social media campaigns that are consistent with the organization's mission and goals
- Assist in the development of written, video and photo content
- Attend events and produce live social content
All candidates should have
- Commitment to the mission of economic growth and racial equity for women
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office programs, and social media strategies
- Willingness to work outside of traditional work hours and to travel within Illinois on a regular basis
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time salary position, preferably based in Chicago (remote options may be considered), with occasional evening and weekend hours and some local travel required. Salary range is from $47-$50K, commensurate with experience. CWIT offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, disability and life insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal time, and contributions to a retirement plan.
TO APPLY, please send via email: 1) a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and detailing how your background and experience have prepared you for the position, 2) a resume and a writing sample.