Many Chicago Tradeswomen worked on the Cubs' Stadium renovations.
Employer Opportunities & Services
We encourage you to partner with us on employment opportunities within your companies.
CWIT maintains a large database of women welders and Union Tradeswomen in a variety of Construction Trades and skill levels. Let us work with you to fulfill your employment needs with skilled workers.
We can also assist in creating and maintaining workforce diversity goals.
"I am proud to work with my hands every day, building and repairing America one project at a time." - Lily Wu, Apprentice, Electrician IBEW Local 134, CWIT 2015 Graduate
Partner with CWIT to Support and Advance Women in Trades
As an Apprenticeship Program or Contractor/Company Owner, your partnership is critical to ensuring that women have opportunities to enter and succeed in these industries.
In addition to employment opportunities, you can contribute to Chicago Women in Trades:
- Host a booth at CWIT’s career fairs
- Donate unused Jobsite materials
- Contribute to our Tool-Wish List
- Participate as a mock interviewer to our Training Program students
- Host a site visit with our students
- Advertise your available employment opportunities
- Invest in Tradeswomen's skill development and career advancement
Technical Assistance to Achieve Diverse Workforce Goals
CWIT works to increase the capacity of apprenticeship programs, contractors, employers, and other nontraditional training providers to recruit, retain and advance women. We can assist you with:
- Recruitment materials and guidance
- Assistance in assessing your selection criteria and processes in relation to their impact on women’s acceptance rates
- Becoming an ally and diversity training
- Developing mentorship or support groups for women employers/members
- Sexual harassment prevention
- Customized solutions to issues affecting retention of a diverse workforce