Obama Presidential Center Workforce Initiative
& We Can Build It Partnership for Community Jobs in Construction
A Workforce partnership connecting community members to construction careers and jobs
building the Obama Presidential Center.
The Obama Foundation featured article on CWIT graduate and Journeyman Plumber, Zahrah Hill, on her generational path into the trades following her mother's footsteps.
In the Media
- Obama Foundation: A Day in the Life: Zahrah Hill
- Crain's Chicago Business: Here's how the Obama Presidential Center aims to meet its diversity goals
- Chicago Tribune: Obama Presidential Center officials commit to hiring 35% of construction workforce from South, West sides
- WBEZ: Obama Center Will Be Built By Some Who’ve Long Been Locked Out Of Construction Jobs
- Chicago Defender: Obama Foundation Launches Workforce Initiative to Build the Obama Presidential Center
Register for our weekly Information Sessions to learn about how to enroll in our FREE Training Programs in either Union Construction or Welding.