Women Build Illinois
A Bridge to Construction Careers
Interested in a construction career, but don’t know where to start?
The 10-week day-time M-Th training program includes an expanded focus on basic construction skills, hands-on training, and industry-recognized credentials provided directly by apprenticeship programs, contractors, and tradeswomen.
- FREE 10-week, 280-hours
- Monday – Thursday (8 am – 3 pm)
- Strict Attendance Policy
- Prepare students to successfully pass apprenticeship program entrance exams
- Expose students to career opportunities in the industry and equip them with basic construction skills such as measuring, blueprint reading, tool recognition, etc.
- Prepare students to meet the expectations of the industry and overcome challenges unique to being a woman in a predominately male workplace
- Prepare women to meet the physical challenges of the trades
- Connect students to apprenticeship programs, contractors, and mentors to facilitate the transition to employment in the industry
- 18 years or older
- HS Diploma or GED Certificate
- CWIT aptitude test/averaging – 6-grade math level
- Current valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to pass an apprenticeship program drug test
- Social security card
- Proof of income
Stay Updated & Connected!